Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! Here it is the start of a brand new year.  I am looking forward to all that the Lord has in store for my family this year.  Looking back over the last year, I see where I failed (reading list....), where I need improvement (organization at home), and how blessed I truly am (healthy family, fantastic friends, good job....and on and on).

I'm not necessarily making resolutions, they typically don't last.  I am striving to do better.  I've gotten rid of a lot of unnecessary things and I'm only in the first week of the new year.  I've completed reading one book, sorted through clothes and eliminated clothes that don't fit (although there is still more to sort through.), waded through loads of laundry, sifted through tons of filing.  

Progress is being made, but some days I feel overwhelmed.  The weatherman has gone ahead and said the "s" word - SNOW!  Hopefully, he's right and school will be out for a few days.  I know my school isn't totally prepared for all of this cold.  The heating units are giving up the  ghost - I'm not sure if the maintenance department can keep up with the extra tasks involved with keeping the students warm.  We'll see......I can still hope for another vacation day.  

I need to get back to sorting and filing music.  Here's to the start of a beautiful new year! Be blessed, my friends.

No comments: